-
June 24th, 2002, 01:16 AM
#1
Inactive Member
I would like to blow up a few frames of super 8 film to larger prints, maybe 5 x 8 or larger.
Who does this?
Roger, can you scan a single image and then output it via a printer...anyone try this.
Scott
-
June 24th, 2002, 02:04 PM
#2
Inactive Member
Try Monaco in San Fran. They do all sorts of printing so I would think that they could do it. I think Marten Baumgarten in Plattsburg NY does but I don't know what the quality is. Good Luck
-
June 24th, 2002, 04:46 PM
#3
Inactive Member
And after you're walking down 9th street, dejected and humiliated for mentioning an amateur gauge like S8 at Monaco, give me a call. We'll head over to the Mission for a burrito, and talk about how unfair this S8 life is...
-
June 24th, 2002, 05:26 PM
#4
TA152
Guest
Found this interesting site on 35mm + large format photo & high resolution analyzes.
http://www.users.qwest.net/~rnclark/scandetail.htm
Might be possible to contact him to get HQ scan of the S8 frames. Seems to have the tools required anyway.
Seem to offer services.
<font color="#a62a2a" size="1">[ June 24, 2002 02:27 PM: Message edited by: S8 Booster ]</font>
-
June 24th, 2002, 08:49 PM
#5
Inactive Member
Scott,
I think its a good idea to enlarge the film up to around 35mm frame size, then you could probably get away with scanning from there. I got okay-ish results by using a photographic enlarger and lining up a zoom lens on a 35mm camera right next to the enlarger lens. This meant I could copy onto 35mm neg and go from there. However I think you could do a lot better using something like a proper slide copier. There's obviously potential for big enlargements. But if you scan S8 direct from the original You'll need a scanner with a very high resolution and I reckon it would be a lot better to enlarge it to a 35mm still somehow first.
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules
Bookmarks